Stem Cell Therapy
The Animal Health Group offers stem cell therapy to help ease your dog or cat’s aging joints.
Stem cells are the body’s repair cells. They can divide and differentiate into tissues such as skin, fat, muscle, bone, cartilage and nerves, among others.
Stem cells have been utilized by veterinarians to treat orthopedic cases since 2003. Innovation and improvements to the process have driven wider commercial appeal for the service.
What Can Be Treated with Stem Cells?
Typical patients have osteoarthritis (hip dysplasia, degenerative joint disease, calcifications, common degeneration, inflammation), soft tissue injuries (cruciate injuries, tears, ruptures, inflammation) or have needs related to the accelerated healing of fractures. If your pet is suffering from something different such as atopic dermatitis or inflammatory bowel disease, your veterinarian will consult a team in order to consider stem cells as a treatment option.
What Results Have Dog Owners Reported?
More than 80% of dogs with arthritis have an improved quality of life.
The outcome results for dogs on pain medications
What is the Process?
Stem cells are processed from your animal’s own fat.
- Your veterinarian collects fat from your dog, cat or horse.
- Vet-Stem processes the fat to concentrate the stem cells.
- Your veterinarian injects stem cells into the affected area.
What Do Stem Cells Do?
- Reduce:Pain and inflammation
- Restore:Quality of life and range of motion
- Regenerate:Tendon, ligament and joint tissues